Wednesday, February 12, 2014

God's Plan - Baby #3!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

It was one of those moments where you're reminded that God's plan for you is much bigger than you know.   A plan that is His.  Not ours.  Known just by Him.  Just when we thought we had things figured out or planned for the next stage in our lives God gave us this amazing surprise!  

SURPRISE!  Positive Pregnancy Test on November 4, 2013

Kevin and I were surprised to see this 'blue plus sign' to say the least!  Completely Shocked actually!  This little blue positive sign to me was a reminder that God does listen to the prayers and the desires of our heart.  I had prayed for this surprise pregnancy moment and still was personally struggling with not being able to get pregnant on my own.  But God knows our thoughts and struggles and will answer with what's best...when the timing is perfect for us! 

The next morning I called the doctor to let them know I had gotten a positive pregnancy test.  I went in to the clinic that day and then again a few days later to check my hcg and progesterone levels.  My hcg levels were increasing...meaning pregnant, yes!  But my progesterone levels weren't as high as the doctor would like to see so to help control those levels my doctor put me on a progesterone suppository through the first trimester.  

We had our first u/s early on November 13th.  This was to help get an idea of how far along I was.  That ultrasound measured me at 5 weeks and 2 days.  I was sent back again on November 22nd for another u/s to check the growth of the baby and again see if it is matching with how far along they thought I was.  At this u/s I was measuring 6 weeks and 6 days.  Making my due date right on track for July 12, 2014.  At this appointment we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time, too!!!  It was beating at 130 bpm!  It was an emotional u/s for me hearing this little miracle baby's heartbeat.  Made this whole surreal experience officially feel real.

Baby Willms #3 u/s picture from our November 22nd appt.

Kevin and I had waited to tell our family until we had heard the baby's heartbeat.  Thanksgiving was just the next week so I got my wheels spinning thinking of a fun way to tell our families over the holiday.  I made this Thanksgiving card from the twins to give to the grandparents to announce the news they were going to be a big brother and sister!  It was so much fun telling and surprising our parents and family!  Kevin and I hadn't really mentioned too much to our families in the past about having a third child.  So it was a cool surprise to give them and priceless to watch their faces as they figured out what the card was telling them!   

(front of card)

(inside of card)

Kate and Matthew don't fully understand Mommy has a baby growing his her tummy and they are going to be a big sister and brother.  When we tell them there is a baby is Mommy's tummy they lift up my shirt expecting to see a baby.  Maybe as my baby bump grows bigger they will understand a bit more.




First trimester this pregnancy has been a lot different than when I was pregnant with the twins.  At 8 weeks I started to have morning sickness.  This was something thankfully I didn't have with the twins.  Along with being sick, I also was very, very tired!  I tried to nap a lot of the days when the twins did to help me make it through the day.  But by the evening, I was ready to crash.  My usual routine was falling asleep on the couch around 8:30.  Luckily Kevin was able to be home by bedtime in December so he pretty much took over helping the kids.  Good job, Daddy!

Baby #3's ultrasound picture at 9 weeks and 5 days.

waving hello to us!

side profile

I definitely have had some particular cravings!  I have been wanting to eat anything pasta and lots of cheese!  One of the only things that sounded really good to me while I was having morning sickness was Kraft shapes mac n' cheese.  So the kids and I had that a lot during lunch!  Besides mac n' cheese I ate a lot of spaghetti-o's!  Other foods that I have wanted are: queso dip, Mexican food, tomato juice, grilled cheese sandwiches, and fruit - especially clementines and apples.  Chocolate and sweets haven't sound good to me at all!

I started taking belly pictures at 14 weeks - January 12, 2014.  Now the start of my second trimester.  I've got my little helper with me. :)


Proud Big Brother!

So far our plan is to work with our high risk pregnancy doctors (the ones I saw with the twins) along with a regular OBgyn.  The high risk doctors are going to do my level 2 ultra sound at 20 weeks (next Friday, Feb. 21st) and also at 22 weeks and 24 weeks.  Each time they will check my cervical length to make sure it's not shortening like what it did with the twins.  If everything continues to look good after 24 weeks then I will just see the OBgyn for the remainder of the pregnancy....as long as nothing develops.

I feel good with this plan.  Checking my cervix every 2 weeks will give me some peace of mind that if a cervical change has happened I will know about instead of having to wonder.  The thought of bed rest is always in the back of my mind.  I do have anxiety over any kind of pain, tightening, or twinges I feel.  It's hard because a pregnancy with constant contractions is all I know.  So it's hard not to worry that it could be preterm labor all over again.  In case my previous problem was an incompetent cervix the high risk doctors have prescribed me to take a weekly progesterone shot.  The progesterone is to help calm the uterus.  I am going to start these shots today through week 36.  A nurse will come to my house to administer the shot to me.  Hoping this shot will help do the trick as I have already started to feeling tightening and pressure that I had with the twins.  So we did go into the doctor on Monday night and they checked my cervix and so far it's measuring nice and long at 4.1 cm.  Thankfully!  Praise God!

17 weeks - February 1, 2013



Funny Faces!

Now into my second trimester I feel a lot better.  I still get tired out by the end of day resulting in an early bedtime.  My appetite is back and I'm still find myself craving the same foods I did in the beginning.  I am happy that I am feeling better since Kevin has started busy season hours.  It's much easier to take care of the kids by myself when I feel better!

At 17 weeks I started to feel little flutters that feels like baby moving around.  It's pretty awesome to feel those movements again!

18 weeks - February 8, 2013




I'm looking forward to our level 2 ultra sound next Friday.  It's always amazing experience to see the little one that's growing inside of you.  We pray the baby is healthy and all has developed normally.  Kevin and I have decided not to find out the sex of the baby!  We are leaving this little one a surprise!  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!! We couldn't be happier for you guys. PS- So excited you are not finding out the sex!! :)

    ReplyDelete