Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Starting A Blog!

I have been waiting to start a blog for awhile now but didn't have anything too interesting to "blog" about.  Now that we are expecting twins this spring, I think this will be a great way to help our families stay in touch with our soon-to-be growing family.  I will try my best to make it as interesting as possible. :)

First, a little background knowledge on what has happened to change our lives this past summer.  On August 2nd, Kevin and I found out we were going to be parents!  I went into the doctors and had blood drawn to determin a positive pregnancy.  Then our biggest joy came on August 26th (Kevin's aunt Mary's birthday) when we went in for our first ultrasound and saw our two little babies!  We were having TWINS!  My 40 week due date is April 11th (Kevin's Grandma Willms' birthday), but the doctors are looking more at mid/late March considering twins usually come early.  We would love to make it to the 11th Great-Grandma W, but I don't know if we'll make it!  I can't even express the joy we both felt seeing those two little babies.  Hearing those little heartbeats at only 7 1/2 weeks was such a miracle. Something I was afraid we would never get to experience, but our many prayers had finally been answered!  God is awesome and only He knows the plans he has for us.  It was a day we will both always remember.  We spent the rest of the day calling our parents and the rest of our families. 

Our first picture of our babies - Baby A and Baby B at 7 1/2 weeks on August 26, 2010.

Each week I thought it would be a fun to take a picture of my growing belly to compare how much it has grown.  Kevin has been a great photographer so far.  This last picture at 4 months along Kevin thought it would be fun to also document his "growing belly".  Leave this only to my husband! :) 



16 weeks - October 25, 2010
 

I don't think he has given me any sympathy weight so far. :)
 
This Thursday we go into the doctors for our big Level 2 ultrasound.  I am so excited not only to find out what sex they are, but also to see both of them again.  The last time we were in for an ultrasound was at 9 1/2 weeks.  I am sure they have changed so much and will look more like babies.  Stay tuned to find out what sex Baby A and Baby B are!  Kevin is sticking to the math odds of a boy and a girl (I guess thats what you can expect being married to an accountant).  I am feeling maybe two girls or one of each as well....but I could be completely wrong!  
Something I am looking forward to: feeling them move in these next upcoming weeks!  

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!! I am so excited you started a blog. They are a great way to keep in contact with family and friends. I'm thinking you need to start training Kevin, as you are going to be super busy soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to hear if the babies are girls, boys, or one of each. :)

    Love your pictures - you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear what you find out on Thursday!! The blogging idea is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your first post! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear how your next appointment goes!!! Only one more day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete