Monday, November 15, 2010

My Pregnancy

I thought I would update you on how my pregnancy has gone so far since I get the question of "how have you been feeling?"  Overall, I can not complain on how I have felt so far.  I never really experienced the true morning sickness which kind of surprised me since everyone kept telling me you must be double sick with two.  Nope not here...thank you babies!  I would say I haven't had any strong or crazy cravings, but I have really liked certain foods.  In the beginning when we first found out we were expecting I was in love with V8 juice, string cheese, and Rice Krispies cereal.  I remember on the day we were going to find out our pregnancy results waking up at 2 a.m. craving a glass of V8.  And so I had one. :) 

This is a list of things I have been eating a lot of now:
* Cereal - I do a rotation every morning of either Cheerios, Chex, Fruit Loops, or Honey Bunches of Oats
* Toasted bagel with peanut butter or strawberry cream cheese
* Pasta - especially mac n cheese
* Cheese
* Milk - can't seem to get enough of it throughout the day
* Grilled cheese and tomato soup - this has become one of my staple suppers

Teaching a class of 23 third graders while being pregnant has definitely been a challenge and is wearing me out.  When I get home from school I am very tired and find myself asleep on the couch on average around 8:00 p.m.  Sorry Kevin for being so lame.  My class of third graders have also been very generous in sharing their germs with me.  So far this school year (only 2 months) I have had 2 colds and the flu.  My students are very excited for the twins to arrive.  It was very fun to tell them my news.  The day I told them I showed them these three items telling them there is something about me that ties in with these things.  

 I did have some crazy guesses like, "You're going to the Twins game chewing gum and are going to make the class pasta."  A girl in my class finally caught onto my clues and she is also a twin.  I have a set of boy and girl twins in my class. 

This week I am at 19 weeks.  We go in on Wednesday for our big Level 2 ultrasound to make sure everything is growing and developing properly. 


I'll let you see my growing belly. :)
Kevin says since I seem to always say "my pregnancy" instead of "our pregnancy" I need to change the name of the blog to "The Willm" because it's not really plural.  I think I do a good job though.  He just likes to give me grief.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to remember that the husband/father (whichever term you want to use) is a part of the pregnancy. He has done his part and now the biggest responsibility is up to you. Granted, he does have to deal with you and help you out. It is just so hard to remember it is a joint process at times. I also considered it my pregnancy since it was happening in my body.

    ReplyDelete