Tuesday, April 22, 2014

28 Weeks!

Twenty-eight weeks marks the start of the third trimester!  I can't believe I'm in the final trimester already!!  I feel that so far this pregnancy has gone by fairly quickly.  Probably a lot to do with that comes from staying busy with taking care of Kate and Matthew.

At 28 weeks the baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his/her head to his/her heels.


I continue to receive the weekly progesterone shots to help minimize my contractions.  I have these shots until 36 weeks pregnant...only 9 times left!


At my 28 week doctor's appointment this past week I had the glucose testing done.  Every one's favorite - drinking the really, really sugary orange drink.  I was happy to hear I passed!
My uterus is measuring right on track at 28 weeks and the baby's heart rate was ranging in the 140's. 
The little one moves around A LOT!  Always love these movements and watching my stomach move around.

Check out cute Princess Kate's tiara and fancy Minnie Mouse shoes!

Overall, I am feeling pretty good!  I do notice I get winded more easily and am beat by the end of the night.  I have been sleeping well at night but do have to wake up at least once to use the bathroom and wake up to switch positions from side to side.  Thankfully the twins still take naps so I am able to take a little cat nap with them in the middle of the day.

The two things I really miss are sleeping on my stomach and being able to bend at the waist, lol! :)


We are getting more and more excited to meet you little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment