Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last ECFE Class

The twins' ECFE classes are finished for the summer.  I brought my camera to our last class to capture our memories and important people we've met.  I wanted to make sure I got a class picture and a picture with Kate and Matthew's and their first teacher.  

I am sad that our Friday class, Incredible Years, is over.  It went by too fast!  I have met some amazing moms who I've become great friends with from this experience.  I will definitely miss seeing them weekly at class.  I'm so thankful my county offers these classes for the kids and us adults, too!  It's been great for Kate and Matt to be in a classroom structured environment where they listen to a teacher or another adult, are around several other kids, learn to share and play with others, and separate a portion of time away from me.  Since I stay at home with the twins, I feel these experience are very important for the twins to have.

I am SO THANKFUL for Sherrie who was one of the aides in our class.  She was my saving grace for the parent/child separation portion.  Sherrie was the one person Kate felt comfortable with, and she could calm her down right away when I left the room.  She had the magic touch!

Kate and Matt playing with Sherrie at the beginning of class during free play.







This car garage was Matthew's favorite toy the whole year.  He played with it every class!


Art time!






Kate and Matt's buddy Jay

Friends Jay, Aubrey, and Izzy

The last month of classes Kate finally warmed up to the aide Norene.  She is also the aide in the twins' music class.  You'd think since Kate saw Norene twice a week she would have felt very comfortable with her earlier.


Fun with play-dough

Our class (minus a few mommies and toddlers)


ECFE teacher Margie and aide Sherrie (twins were sad to leave)


Matty and his teacher (too bad he wasn't wanting to smile)

I wish I would have gotten a picture with our Parent Educator, Susan, but the kids were being suborn and fighting pictures.  Susan was awesome and became a great source of parenting advice and resources for me. Susan attends the same church we go to, so I'm looking forward to continuing to see her.

I can't wait to start up more classes this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment