Tuesday, December 18, 2012

November Visitors

My parents came up to help babysit while we took Matthew for his ear tube surgery.  We had a fun time starting Christmas shopping at one of my favorite stores, Kohl's.  The shopping trip ended up being an interesting one!  The three of us lost Matthew not once, but twice!  These days the kids would rather be walking around the store themselves than sitting in a cart or stroller.  Well, Matthew wondered off while we were searching through shelves of clothes.  We searched all around the area we were at and I even asked a sales clerk to start looking, too.  After yelling "Matthew" several times, he comes a little boy out of the Mens' dressing room.  Phew, scary moment!  We later figured out Matthew liked looking at himself in the full body mirror while he was in there.  Then shortly after we found him, like seriously 3 minutes later, he was off again.  Luckily this time it didn't take us as long to find him.  (Don't panic about me taking them shopping after reading this.  I promise I DO keep a good eye on them. :))
 
My parents enjoyed playing around the house with the kids and got in lots of coloring and drawing time.
 








 
My brother was also up in the twin cities on a mini two night trip with his son, Evan.  They stopped by on their way back home.  Cousin Evan did some coloring with Matthew, too!
 

Teaching Matthew some drawing techniques.

Total cuteness!  Love this little boy and how hard he's concentrating on coloring that page.

Uncle Mikey and the boys
 
While my parents were here, my dad and I went on a movie date.  Both of us wanted to see the new James Bond movie so the two of us went while my mom and Kevin stayed with the kids.  My dad and I had a nice father/daughter time and I even got in for a senior citizen ticket price.  I wasn't around when he bought the tickets so I guess the ticket booth worker assumed his movie date was his age, too. :)
 
Also in November Kevin's family and extended family came up.  It was his mom, grandma, and two aunts.  Us ladies had a fun time shopping, or being personal shoppers, for his aunt Jan.  We had "good luck" (Kevin hates when I we use that phrase for shopping) and found some great options for Jan.  Kevin and his grandma stayed home with the kids while we were out.  And thanks to Grandma Ilene for all of the loads of laundry and dishes you did!  I greatly appreciated it!  Come back again soon, ladies!
 
We wanted to show them the kids in their Halloween costumes.  Only Matthew wanted to wear his so that's why you see him randomly wearing his costume again.
 
Grandma Joyce and Matthew
 
Trying to get a picture of both kids with Great-Grandma

Take 1

Take 2

Take 3

It was a good effort, but I would say take 4 was our best one.  Hey, at least Matthew was excited about getting his picture taken.

Just dragon Matty and Great-Grandma

Yay!

Got a good one with Grandma Joyce.  Big cheesers from Matthew!
 
 November was a busy month filled with visitors, sickness, and time home in Iowa for Thanksgiving.  It's amazing how fast time is flying by these days.  Can't believe Christmas is approaching us next week already.  Keeping my fingers crossed (toes, too) that we all manage to stay healthy for Christmas break.  We can do it.  Think 'Healthy' thoughts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment