Friday, December 31, 2010

Picture Update

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas last week.  I haven't posted in awhile, so here are some pictures of our past couple of weeks spent in the hospital celebrating with our family over the holidays and my still growing belly.  We don't have any updates on how things are looking for my cervix.  We will go this Monday for an ultrasound to check it - praying that it has stayed the same and hasn't shortened.  I have had to increased the dosage of my medicene at night. I seem to have more contractions or an irritable uterus more at night.  They don't want to give me the increased dosage all of the time because they are afraid of lowering my blood pressure too much.  It is already lower from the meds because what I am taking is also used for lowering blood pressure. 

22 weeks - my last weekly picture before being admitted into the hospital.

Hooked up to the monitors to check the babies heartbeats and my contractions.  The nurses do this two times a day.  Everything has been looking great with the babies.  They have strong heartbeats, but can sometimes be stinkers for the nurses to find.  Baby boy seems to give them the most trouble.  He moves around and kicks a lot once put on the monitors.

Kevin hanging out in the hospital room keeping me company.

Finally hit 24 weeks on December 20th.  Big milestone for the babies for their survival. (Don't you just love my new pregnancy clothes - sweats and Kevin's bigger t-shirts)

Willms' Christmas 2010 in the hospital room.  We celebrated Christmas with Kevin's family on Dec. 22nd.  We were glad to get the chance to see them.

Christmas Day!

On Christmas day my parents came up and helped us celebrate.  It was nice to have some family up here on Christmas so we didn't have to spend it alone in the hospital room.  My parents stayed until Tuesday, Dec. 28th.  They were a great help at keeping me company, staying with me at night to give Kevin a break, and helping with things around the house.  Kevin and my dad tackled the babies' room and put together the two cribs.  Kevin did take a picture of it for me so I could see what it looked like. 

25 weeks on 12-27-10

We are soon approaching 26 weeks.  Every Monday is a new change over week for us, so we like to celebrate Mondays!  I can't believe that I have been in the hospital now for over 2 weeks.  I am sure being at home doing bed rest has some perks, but I do feel safer her with the nurses monitoring myself and the babies daily.  So far we couldn't ask for better nurses at the hospital.  Everyone has been super friendly and very thorough. 

Have a safe New Year's Eve!  Kevin and I will be bringing in the new year in the hospital hopefully staying awake until midnight. :)

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Laura!! You, Kevin, and the babies are in our thoughts and prayers. 2011 will be a GREAT year for you guys :))

    Love ya,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures...you look great! Keep smiling! Those babies better stay put for a while... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete