Thursday, February 26, 2015

Four Year Olds

I can't believe tomorrow morning we are going to have two four year olds!  Four!  Four-years old!  [Still trying to let that sink in a bit]  I love birthdays and I'm so excited to celebrate with them tomorrow, but this birthday is hitting me harder than any of them yet.  I didn't get emotional at all when they turned 1, 2, and 3.  Those ages seemed like my little babies and toddlers.  But 4.  It's starting to get into the big kid age.  Only one more year of Pre-K next school year and then off to Kindergarten.  I know you're probably thinking I'm crazy because four is still young.  It's just that the time has gone by so fast.  I can't believe that it has been four years already since they entered our world and made us parents for the first time.  A family of four. 

I love these two goof-balls.  They do make our lives so much better! 




And they are the best big brother and big sister to Caroline!  Always so sweet and gentle with her.  Just want to protect her already.


Together they are quite the duo.  Truly {best friends} who love doing everything together.


Tonight I snuggled with Matthew and Katherine a little longer when we put them to bed.  Soaking in the last little moments as 3-year olds.  Talking with them and really listening to their sweet little voices and conversations.  They are both excited to wake up and finally be their birthday!  We've been counting down since January pretty much. ;)

This morning they celebrated their birthday at preschool.  Got to bring birthday treats and be the special helper this week.

Happy 4th Birthday Katherine Ilene and Matthew Edward!  
May your day be ever so special and wonderful as you are to all of us around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment